To make your mailing as easy and as painless as possible, we have compiled a list of errors we have encountered that cause problems with the mailing.
- Allow enough space for the address and bar code on the label or mail piece.
- Insufficient quantity printed - Count your database and then print about 20 extra. Request that print quantity as a minimum as some printers will print plus or minus 10% from your requested quantity.
- Print your return address on your printed piece or envelope.
- Print the indicia on your printed piece or envelope if you're not using a "real" stamp.
- For machine insertion, be sure your pieces aren't too large.They should fit in the envelope with 1/4" to spare. The largest envelope we can handle for machine insertion is a #10 so the maximum width is 9-1/8 inches.
- Use postcards for cheaper postal rates - postcards between 3-1/2" x 5" and 4-1/4" x 6" can be mailed first class at less than standard mail rates.
- Have non-deliverable or old addresses returned to help you clean up your mailing list.
- Use delivery barcodes to speed up delivery.
- You can mail a double size (folded) postcard at the same rate as long as half the card is a Business Reply Card.
- Send us your database in advance of your mailing so we can check and confirm everything is OK before you're ready to mail.